Lee and Chris recently blogged for Asia tech media site e27 on legal issues when raising a series B round out of Singapore. Whilst we don’t see lots of companies raise series B funding in NZ (i.e. a large second round of funding from venture capital funds), it does of course happen so hopefully the discussion is of interest.
The topics they covered were:
- when to start thinking about your series B round
- the difficulties in raising a series B round
- dealing with existing investor from your series A round
- key terms to consider
- founder specific issues to consider
- tips for the transaction documents
If you are raising a series B round or similar significant follow-on financing round either here in NZ or overseas, we would be pleased to have a chat and share our experiences.
by lee bagshaw, 9 February 2017